Restaurants and Cafes on Waiheke Island
- Double Shot | Oneroa | 027 2DOUBLE – Coffee bar in the heart of Oneroa. Text ahead and your coffee will be ready for pickup. Doubleshot is open from 6:30am daily with parking behind the shops.
- Island Coffee | Ostend | 09 372 5177 – Boutique coffee roastery tucked in behind the shops in Belgium Street Ostend with an intimate and eclectic atmosphere.
- Palm Beach Store | Palm Beach | 09 372 8149 – Fantastic coffee, delicious toasties and Little Tart Bakery delights!
Cakes, Bakeries & Ice-Cream!
- Francos | Ostend | 09 372 2414– 30 Belgium St, Ostend – a small but perfectly formed bakery, offering artisan bread & amazing sweet treats – opposite the market on a Saturday morning
- Island Gelato | Oneroa – 124 Oceanview Rd – artisan crafted gelato, bagels & coffee from a converted shipping container. Highly recommended award winning gelato!
Takeaways & Food Cart
Fish & Chips, Indian, Thai or Italian are all a phone call away. Delivery charges may apply.
- The Local | Oneroa | Fish & Chips | 09 372 8752
- Too Fat Buns | Oneroa | Burgers | 0224761980
- Adjaz | Oneroa | Indian | 09 372 2588
- Red Crab | Oneroa | Thai | 09 372 9185
- Fenice | Oneroa | Pizza and Pasta | 09 372 8711
- Little Oneroa Fish & Chips | 09 372 3288
- Arcadia | Palm Beach | Souvlaki | 09 218 9112
- Dragonfired | Little Oneroa | Wood Fired Pizza & Pita | 021 922 289
- Timbuktu | Ostend | Daily heat and eat specials | 09 372 2544
The gourmet trailer trend is well established on Waiheke and a real treat for foodies. Look out for great trailer food at the Ostend Market on a Saturday morning, on Poto St on the first Thursday of the month and outside RAW in Putiki Rd daily.
Cafe & Restaurant Dining
Waiheke has a reputation as a gourmet food destination. Whether you are looking for light café lunch, or a romantic dinner you will be impressed.
- The Courtyard | Oneroa | (09) 3729626 – located below the Red Crab and Wai Kitchen, in central Oneroa, a must visit! Great food, coffee, wine, a great spot! Open 8am – late.
- Wai Kitchen | Oneroa | 09 372 7505 – open for brunch & lunch Wai Kitchen provides innovative, fresh and seasonal cuisine in a relaxed and welcoming seafront environment. Family friendly & great views!
- Oyster Inn | Oneroa | 09 372 2222 – A great Waiheke establishment, with a menu that boasts the very best in local produce, seafood and shellfish. Open for lunch and dinner. Great coffee, views and top notch service.
- Solar | Oneroa | 09 372 2133 – located at the top of Oneroa Village with sweeping views of Oneroa Bay. Great food and coffee matched by efficient, friendly service. Drop in for breakfast, coffee, lunch or dinner. Very family friendly and has an outdoor children’s play area.
- Fenice | Oneroa | 09 372 8711 – open from morning til late! Great Italian food & wood fired pizzas. Relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere. Features a beautiful open fireplace for winter dining. Takeaway available.
- Red Crab | Oneroa | 09 372 9185 – A light and tasty menu that uses a unique blend of local ingredients with a twist of authentic Thai flavours giving a beautiful fusion of taste. Dine in or takeaway.
- Adjaz (Indian) | Oneroa | 09 372 2588 – Authentic and extensive menu including Tandoori and curry dishes from the North to the South of India. Great for the whole family. Dine in or takeaway.
- The Local | Oneroa | (09) 372 8752 – fresh tasty fish & chips complimented with a casual atmosphere and friendly service. Spectacular views from the deck. Dine in or takeaway.
- Aperitivo | Oneroa | 0274984658 – small wine bar with delicious small plates, fresh pasta and pizzas. Live music most Friday nights.
- Found | Surfdale | (09) 372 2211 – Breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktails. A creative and eclectic menu with something for everyone including great coffee and pastries.
- Timbuktu Nomadic Deli | Ostend | (09) 372 2544 – a new model of delicatessen with a focus on street food from around the world. A global tasting experience.
- Charlie’s | Onetangi | (09) 372 4106 – Great beach cafe & bar right on Onetangi Beach. Open from breakfast til late. Family friendly.
- Waiheke Honey House | Onetangi | 0222158647 – Cafe & shop set amongst 13 acres of olive groves & wetlands. Honey & olive oil tastings. Open during the day only.
- Arcadia | Palm Beach 09 218 9112 – A very welcome addition to Palm Beach, relaxed family restaurant serving great food & wines. Best to book a table in summer!
- Three Seven Two | Onetangi | 09 372 8846 – a fabulous award winning new addition to the Onetangi Beach scene! Serving exceptional food & an excellent wine list.
Waiheke vineyards offer internationally acclaimed dining.
- Mudbrick | Church Bay | 09 372 9050 – Mudbrick restaurant has been described as one of the romantic places in the world and is one of Conde Naste Magazine’s top 10 places to get married in the world. Enjoy magnificent views and a world-class experience. Bookings advised.
- Cable Bay | Church Bay | 09 372 5889 – An award winning restaurant and bistro with an unrelenting focus on quality. Olive grove and sea views overlooking the Hauraki Gulf and Auckland city are enriched by an extensive art collection, featuring sculpture and paintings by leading New Zealand artists. Bookings advised.
- Tantalus Winery | Onetangi | (09) 372 2625 – the newest winery on the island, boasting a fabulous lunchtime restaurant, beautifully landscaped gardens, a brewery as well as their own award winning wines. Bookings advised.
- Stonyridge Vineyard | Onetangi | 09 372 8766 – enjoy a relaxed dining experience nestled in a shimmering valley of olive trees, colourful vines, and the aromas of the south of France. Bookings advised.
- The Shed at Te Motu | Onetangi (09) 372 6884 – Rural wine shed dining nestled in the vines, using homegrown and sustainable produce to create modern food with award winning wines to match. Children and pet friendly. Bookings advised.
- Casita Miro | Onetangi | 09 372 7854 – Renowned for its ambience, fine food & wines Casita Miro specializes in the cuisine of Spain and the wider Mediterranean Rim. Their ‘tapas’ and ‘raciones’ (large plates) are perfect for a fun, relaxed and social dining experience. Regular on the Metro Top 50 restaurant list. Booking essential.
- Poderi Crisci | Awaawaroa | 09 372 2148 – Enjoy al Fresco dining all year round in this stunning location enjoying the company of friends and the great service from the Poderi Crisci family. The restaurant caters to casual lunch, family gatherings or a romantic dinner. Bookings advised.
- Man O’War | Eastern End | 09 372 9670 – Journey to the Eastern End of Waiheke Island and discover Tasting Room sitting on the beach front at Man O’ War Bay. Relax and enjoy a tempting platter of cheeses, olives and other local produce.
- Thomas’s Batch | Onetangi | 09 372 3223 – Settle in & relax in this elevated location, with views across the island and the gulf. Offerings include seasonal lunches, High Tea & Bubbles and sunset dining. Free shuttle service.