Getting to & around the Island
There are two main ferry services for travel to the island.
- Fullers Ferries operate a passenger ferry that departs from downtown Auckland and disembarks at the Matiatia Ferry building. Please see the Waiheke timetable here.
- Sealink operates a car and passenger ferry that departs from Half Moon Bay and disembarks at Kennedy Point. Bookings to travel with your car are essential. Please view the Sealink timetable here.
Plane or Helicopter
Once you’re on the island having a car is the easiest way to get around and see all the island has to offer. If you can’t bring a car here are other great ways to get around:
Fullers Ferries operate a regular bus service between Matiatia Ferry Terminal and Oneroa, Blackpool, Surfdale, Ostend & Onetangi to meet each Fullers ferry sailing.
- Waiheke Bus Company | 09 367 9111
- Easy Transport | 022 612-6760
- Island Taxis | 09 372 4111
- Waicabs | 0800 924222
- Waiheke-Five-0 (fixed rate) 0275050510
- Waiheke Executive Transport | 0800 372200
There are three options for car rental. Be sure to book early in the summer season.
- Waiheke Auto Rentals, car and scooter hire | 09 372 8998
- Waiheke Rental Cars | 09 372 8635
- Fun Rentals (Convertibles, Scooters) | 02108931739
Scooters are a fun way to get around the island and can be booked for a half or full day.
- Fun Rentals | 09 372 8001
- Island Scoot, Boutique Retro Scooter Hire | 021 061 5997
- Pure Electric Scooter Rentals | 022 050 2233
Water Taxi & Boat Charter
Get a private water taxi to Waiheke!
- By Sea | 021 704011