Getting to & around the Island
There are two main ferry services for travel to the island.
- Fullers Ferries operate a passenger ferry that departs from downtown Auckland and disembarks at the Matiatia Ferry building. Please see the Waiheke timetable here.
- Sealink operates a car and passenger ferry that departs from Half Moon Bay or Wynyard Wharf in downtown Auckland and disembarks at Kennedy Point. Bookings to travel with your car are essential. Please view the current Sealink timetable here.
Plane or Helicopter
Get a private water taxi to Waiheke!
Once you’re on the island having a car is the easiest way to get around and see all the island has to offer. If you can’t bring a car here are other great ways to get around:
Fullers Ferries operate a regular bus service between Matiatia Ferry Terminal and Oneroa, Blackpool, Surfdale, Ostend & Onetangi to meet each Fullers ferry sailing.
- Waiheke Bus Company | 09 367 9111
- Easy Transport | (fixed rate) 022 612-6760
- Island Taxis | 09 372 4111
- Waicabs | 0800 924222
- Waiheke-Five-0 | (fixed rate) 027 5050510
- Waiheke Executive Transport | 0800 372 200
There are three options for car rental. Be sure to book early in the summer season.
Scooters are a fun way to get around the island and can be booked for a half or full day.
- Island Scoot, Boutique Retro Scooter Hire | 021 061 5997
- Pure Electric Scooter Rentals | 022 050 2233